We’re looking for mobilizers like you, to help make the Common Voice Sprint on May 10-11th, a huge success by hosting sprint sites, and volunteering as reviewers.
HOST A SITE
Now is your chance to mobilize your community by registering as a sprint site host for the 2018 Global Sprint. Hosting a site is an amazing opportunity to make new connections, build community, and have fun. Click here to Register your site. *
*Remember to register the theme of your site as “Openness”.
As a site host you’ll:
- Reserve a public space from 9am-5pm local time during the Sprint (different/limited hours are also OK)
- Ensure your site has internet access and adequate work space (tables/chairs)
- Help publicize the sprint in your local community, with support from Mozilla
- Be available during your Sprint hours to welcome participants and help connect them with projects
- Ensure that the Sprint environment is friendly, safe, and productive for all participants
- Connect your site via video conference to our network of sites (no specialized tech needed, just computer and webcam)
BE A REVIEWER
Reviewers work during the sprint to read and validate sentences written by regular contributors during the global sprint. Reviewing is a great way to make a core contribution to Common Voice and be acknowledged by the Common Voice Team. However, we ask that you only become a reviewer for languages with which you have a very high proficiency. Click here to Register as a Reviewer.
As a Reviewer you’ll:
- Meet with the Common Voice project lead before the sprint to learn the reviewing process
- Be available from 9am-5pm local time during the Sprint (different/limited hours are also OK)
- Read and approve “valid sentences” *
- Stay connected with the Staff Team to report problems
*Note: We won’t know how many reviewers or sentences we’ll get in each language. But never fear, if you don’t have a lot of sentences to review you will still be acknowledged as a reviewer, and you will still be able to contribute by writing or finding public domain sentences.
We’ll send you more information as we get closer to the sprint date!