Mozilla Discord (Unofficial)

Mozilla Discord in here you can get help and talk to other members for support (this is unofficial but we would like to make it official)
here’s a link for it: [edited]
(its not fully finished)

Hello,

Please check the comments on this topic from a similar initiative in the past:

It would be good if you can rename the discord to signal this is not an official channel from Mozilla or the Mozilla Support team.

Thanks!

1 Like

that discord isnt working anymore

No, it’s not. If you check comments on that topic you will see there are some question about why we need a discord and asking for coordination with the Mozilla Support team, who has been intensively working on providing a cohesive and safe experience across all channels.

That’s why we are asking that you clearly note the discord you created is not official, so people don’t have wrong expectations about Mozilla endorsing this channel.

Also, note that Mozilla has recently launched a chat instance over Matrix you might want to check.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @PewDiePie,

I’m the support community manager in Mozilla and I would appreciate if you could refrain from using “official” from a community-driven initiative like this. Public will have expectation if we say that it’s an official channel. Especially if it’s related to support. Public will expect that they could get live troubleshooting help from it, and if they don’t get it, it will harm our reputation as a product.

But I would like go back to actually understand your intention from creating it in the first place. Is there any specific goal that you’re trying to achieve by having this channel that we couldn’t provide from the existing ones?

6 Likes

Whatever it is that is the reason, doing it in some other way is not worth it. It doesn’t function. If there are more ways to talk like websites, discords, can be it happens sometimes. Temporarily, like a visit. Or there may be reasons for it. A website like here is best. It is useless to go after niches.

Generally speaking, so everywhere things can become more discord. But that is some type of “endgame”.

This type of reply really needs a reply. Similar to like it was in the next thing in this post. If decisions are based on it. On itself, even, it needs a reply.

Is this reply a reason? It should be remarkable:

And something else I don’t add in this post.

In that case do say so. Or maybe you were not thinking of this.

I am planning on making a topic that is related to what I posted. It may (probably) must be repeated. And one in meta what the reasons are the whole topic is closed. It does not seem likely to me that it is, compared to other topics. So also this one.

But that topic I am planning, it is for typical users. And they can not be here. Some related people are here, so to speak, as I estimate. But not many. Step two could be finding them on i.e. Discord. This may be something the OP of this topic could start, not me. (Link in OP is gone also though it would not make a difference, it is not my speciality). But anyway things float too much regarding the topic I mean and saying it here. On the other hand why shouldn’t I say it?

I say there is this dis&connect between users and makers. And it takes users that will do it to fix it.

So, in fact, it needs typical users, that become makers so to speak to coordinate this. Masses can not coordinate. Under the current conditions, I dare call it hell. Can’t even blame them. Though still, if there is no coordination things could at a minimum be done better.