The vision of this pilot run is two-fold, one is to recognize potential leaders & tech evangelists in our community in order to channelize their efforts for greater impact, and secondly - to improve coordination and community health of Bangalore. Our aim is to ensure there’s an active Mozilla community in Bangalore, and we hope such a program will be helpful in reaching that goal.
What do participants get?
- Access to mentors from the Mozilla community, who have vast experience in public speaking, leadership and open source projects.
- Opportunities to attend community gatherings
- An automatic vouch on your Mozillians profile for being selected to this program.
- Learning resources & assistance for organizing their own MozActivate initiatives
- And many more.
Expectations from participants
- Participate in community meetings (in-person or virtually)
- Reach-out to your assigned mentor & chart out a personal road-map
- Involve yourself in community building exercises
- And of-course, spread the word.
Expectations from mentors
- Devote 2-3 hours a week to review plans & mentor participants
- Attend a monthly Mozilla Bangalore call to share their experiences and show contribution pathways. First one is on December 17.
- Vouch deserving participants on Mozillians.org
- Assisting and guiding participants with event processes or budget (if required).
Code of conduct:
We follow Mozilla’s open and inclusive code of conduct. More details here.
4 month pilot run, which maybe extended depending on the participant & mentor interactions. December 2017 - March 2018.
We’re looking for mentors and potential participants, feel free to reach out to any of us from Mozilla Bangalore community for more information or nomination.