Mozillians API

Letā€™s think of fun things to do on Discourse with the Mozillians API: http://mozillians.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html

Ideas?

3 Likes

Be able to lock down threads based on mozillians groups? (Like vouched or not etc)

~p

4 Likes

Great idea, and I think this would be very valuable for some conversations. I suggest these features.

• Allow a moderator to make a thread only visible to vouched Mozillians
  • Allow a moderator to make a category/subcategory only visible to vouched Mozillians
  • Allow a moderator to make a thread only visible to members of one or more groups on mozillians.org
  • Allow a moderator to make a category/subcategory only visible to members of one or more groups on mozillians.org
  • Show mozillians.org profile information on a userā€™s Discourse profile

I would be happy to get you a mozillians.org API key and help with mockups or UX.

Weā€™d need somebody to help develop these plugins, Iā€™m not fluent in Ruby, not sure if anybody else in Community IT is, either.

Then maybe we should do a call out at mozillians and/or reps-general list to get people on board.

@logan said that heā€™d be willing to try to work on some stuff, but the more the better!

Hey R!

I would love to help on that too. Do you think we should meet and hack the
specs? Or should we take this to a CommunityIT meeting? @tanner?

~p

I scheduled some hacking time on Monday with you, P.

I suggest we create some specs and then share with CommunityIT for feedback and refinement.

2 Likes

I highly encourage this hacking.

1 Like

I guess we still donā€™t have people to help with this and itā€™s essential to move some conversation happening right now on Yammer or private mailing lists here.

Iā€™ve pinged @fjaguero to see if he can help to find someone.

Hi people,

Iā€™ve been talking with @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q and this weekend I will be hacking Discourse with my coworker Ɓngel. The goal is to undertand how it works and try to integrate a fake API. After this tests we will request @williamr for a Mozillians key to try the integration.

We will start by targeting:

• Show mozillians.org profile information on a userā€™s Discourse profile

Updates as soon as we have something .

1 Like

@fjaguero that is great news! When you are ready for a Mozillians
API key, you can request one using the directions here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/API

Checking of a user ifs a vouched Mozillian is easily done using a
'vouched' API key. In order to show mozillians.org profile
information, you will need to follow the steps for a 'reviewed' API
key as described on that wiki page.

Excited to see this happening. Let me know if you have questions.

On 10/7/14, 2:55 PM, fjaguero wrote:

fjaguero October 7

Hi people,

I've been talking with @nukeador and this weekend I will be hacking Discourse with my coworker Ɓngel. The goal is to undertand how it works and try to integrate a fake API. After this tests we will request @williamr for a Mozillians key to try the integration.

We will start by targeting:

• Show mozillians.org profile information on a user's Discourse profile

Updates as soon as we have something .

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mozillians-api/100/11 in your browser.

Previous Replies

nukeador October 2

I guess we still don't have people to help with this and it's essential to move some conversation happening right now on Yammer or private mailing lists here.

I've pinged @fjaguero to see if he can help to find someone.

bking
February 21

I highly encourage this hacking.

williamr
February 20

I scheduled some hacking time on Monday with you, P.

I suggest we create some specs and then share with CommunityIT for feedback and refinement.

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mozillians-api/100/11 in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

1 Like

Not sure how this one got past me, but if you need a dev environment to play with we can put one up.

We will start with this tomorrow. The idea is to have a proof of concept first and then we can test integrations. Thanks anyway!

Whatā€™s the current status of this? I was about to start working on it myself.

1 Like

Hi Leo,

I was working on it but the problems scalated a bit :confused: Rigth now Iā€™m quite busy to continue with it, so if you are going to do some work and need some help, just ping me.

Currently it only checks if a user is a vouched Mozillian or not, and hooks into the existing Discourse groups functionality. Iā€™ll implement checking for Mozillians groups (like nda) soon.

In the meantime, itā€™d be great if someone who actually knows ruby could check this over to make sure I havenā€™t made any rookie errors. Iā€™ll also prod @williamr about bug 1096008 so I can check this actually works with Mozillians, and not just my mock api.

3 Likes

For the record, @leo has it working at http://csa-discourse.mofostaging.net

Plugin code:

QA welcomed! :smiley: