Mozillians API

Let’s think of fun things to do on Discourse with the Mozillians API: http://mozillians.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html

Ideas?

3 Likes

Be able to lock down threads based on mozillians groups? (Like vouched or not etc)

~p

4 Likes

Great idea, and I think this would be very valuable for some conversations. I suggest these features.

• Allow a moderator to make a thread only visible to vouched Mozillians
  • Allow a moderator to make a category/subcategory only visible to vouched Mozillians
  • Allow a moderator to make a thread only visible to members of one or more groups on mozillians.org
  • Allow a moderator to make a category/subcategory only visible to members of one or more groups on mozillians.org
  • Show mozillians.org profile information on a user’s Discourse profile

I would be happy to get you a mozillians.org API key and help with mockups or UX.

We’d need somebody to help develop these plugins, I’m not fluent in Ruby, not sure if anybody else in Community IT is, either.

Then maybe we should do a call out at mozillians and/or reps-general list to get people on board.

@logan said that he’d be willing to try to work on some stuff, but the more the better!

Hey R!

I would love to help on that too. Do you think we should meet and hack the
specs? Or should we take this to a CommunityIT meeting? @tanner?

~p

I scheduled some hacking time on Monday with you, P.

I suggest we create some specs and then share with CommunityIT for feedback and refinement.

2 Likes

I highly encourage this hacking.

1 Like

I guess we still don’t have people to help with this and it’s essential to move some conversation happening right now on Yammer or private mailing lists here.

I’ve pinged @fjaguero to see if he can help to find someone.

Hi people,

I’ve been talking with @r_oVhPfcJCUUC5wbm6i4_C2Q and this weekend I will be hacking Discourse with my coworker Ángel. The goal is to undertand how it works and try to integrate a fake API. After this tests we will request @williamr for a Mozillians key to try the integration.

We will start by targeting:

• Show mozillians.org profile information on a user’s Discourse profile

Updates as soon as we have something .

1 Like

@fjaguero that is great news! When you are ready for a Mozillians
API key, you can request one using the directions here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/API

Checking of a user ifs a vouched Mozillian is easily done using a
'vouched' API key. In order to show mozillians.org profile
information, you will need to follow the steps for a 'reviewed' API
key as described on that wiki page.

Excited to see this happening. Let me know if you have questions.

On 10/7/14, 2:55 PM, fjaguero wrote:

fjaguero October 7

Hi people,

I've been talking with @nukeador and this weekend I will be hacking Discourse with my coworker Ángel. The goal is to undertand how it works and try to integrate a fake API. After this tests we will request @williamr for a Mozillians key to try the integration.

We will start by targeting:

• Show mozillians.org profile information on a user's Discourse profile

Updates as soon as we have something .

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mozillians-api/100/11 in your browser.

Previous Replies

nukeador October 2

I guess we still don't have people to help with this and it's essential to move some conversation happening right now on Yammer or private mailing lists here.

I've pinged @fjaguero to see if he can help to find someone.

bking
February 21

I highly encourage this hacking.

williamr
February 20

I scheduled some hacking time on Monday with you, P.

I suggest we create some specs and then share with CommunityIT for feedback and refinement.

To respond, reply to this email or visit https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/mozillians-api/100/11 in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences.

1 Like

Not sure how this one got past me, but if you need a dev environment to play with we can put one up.

We will start with this tomorrow. The idea is to have a proof of concept first and then we can test integrations. Thanks anyway!

What’s the current status of this? I was about to start working on it myself.

1 Like

Hi Leo,

I was working on it but the problems scalated a bit :confused: Rigth now I’m quite busy to continue with it, so if you are going to do some work and need some help, just ping me.

Currently it only checks if a user is a vouched Mozillian or not, and hooks into the existing Discourse groups functionality. I’ll implement checking for Mozillians groups (like nda) soon.

In the meantime, it’d be great if someone who actually knows ruby could check this over to make sure I haven’t made any rookie errors. I’ll also prod @williamr about bug 1096008 so I can check this actually works with Mozillians, and not just my mock api.

3 Likes

For the record, @leo has it working at http://csa-discourse.mofostaging.net

Plugin code:

QA welcomed! :smiley: