Native zoom on OSX

Native zoom on OSX is missing in Firefox, it would be nice feature to have as developer. This is only thing holding lot of developers not to abandon chrome and switch to firefox developer edition

I use Windows, so apologies for not knowing what “native zoom” is. Possibly the following thread is relevant:

1 Like

I apologize for not explaining better, I found an issue that refer this problem.

This is different that browser engine page zoom rendering because it is done by the operating system and does not change the dimensions of the page

By default, Command + Mouse Wheel (or Command + equivalent gesture) should zoom using the “reflowing” method.

There is a setting to switch that to the pinch zoom method, but I don’t know whether it works. If you want to try it:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste meta and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the mousewheel.with_meta.action preference to open a field where you can change the value from 3 (reflowing zoom) to 5 (pinch zoom), and click the check mark or press Return to save the change.

Does that get you any closer?

This is the default page zoom on Firefox and if i change the meta i am only changing the shortcut for zooming. I am looking for different kind of zoom that does not resize the page, I have sent video attachment to see the two different behaviors that chrome has implemented in OSX.
The first one is the default zoom from Chrome that distorts the page when it is zoomed (the width of the page changes)
The second behavior (pinch to zoom using trackpad/mousepad) comes from the operating system and does not change the width of the page

This feature also comes in Safari by default and it is heavily used by OSX users.
Also i have found this Reddit thread and it seems that Mozilla is working on it

Thanks for the quick reply, let me know if you need more info.

For anybody following, the most relevant for macOS pinch and zoom is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=688990 and it is being worked on.