New addon stats worked great, but Daily Users data disappeared today

Checked my stats again today. I’ve been enjoying the new stats, but today all of my Daily Users data is entirely gone. Deprecated stats still have data.

Is the beta undergoing some kind of maintenance routine perhaps?

I am still seeing no data today, which seems problematic. It seems like the appropriate thing to do here would be to submit an issue on the GitHub side of things, but it’s not clear to me how I trace from the beta feature as presented on the stats site to the existing GitHub issue for implementing this new feature. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I quite like the new dashboard and would like to help the devs iron out any remaining kinks.

And today, the data is all back! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If you run into any other issues with the new stats, please file them here: https://github.com/mozilla/addons/issues

Hey, thanks for responding! I will keep that in mind next time I see an issue - one thing I’m still not clear on is if we should try to find and link to the issue for the feature being worked on or just make a general bug and hope it gets linked up. Do you happen to know? I’d like to help the developers as much as possible if I spot something but mostly I’ve seen things like “Try the beta feature X” vs. “Try the beta feature X and file bugs for it at Y” - which makes for a rather circuitous route for bug reports I reckon.

Our bug volume is low enough that you don’t need to link it up. We know that pretty much all new stats bugs are related to this change.

1 Like