New Components?

Continuing the discussion from Triage 2014-11-20:

• We have some new Bugzilla components, but we’re not sure who requested them or when they were added.

Could someone who knows about this please update us?

@tad? Logan, Yousef, and I know absolutely nothing about them.

Yes, @tad requested them, without telling anybody. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1095949

Would have been nice to know this before people started chasing me up on bugs I didn’t know about. I agree with @mrz that we need to communicate better.

1 Like

I’m not sure the fix here. As I said on irc it’s the second time recently where we didn’t communicate what we were working on with the entire group.

I keep going back to a need for a weekly “team” meeting but it also needs to be asynchronous because of the nature of this group. How should we self-organize?

I’ll be blunt here. The problem isn’t that we do or don’t have a meeting. The problem is that people aren’t making it a priority. It was a bug and no one else from the team was cc’ed on it. This is not a fundamental problem with how we work as a team, this is a problem with individuals not working as a team.

I am generally seeing people being more responsive on Discourse and on bugs now that we have a triage meeting and the regular reminders. I think we just need a bit more time for the habits to set in to see it become really apparent. However, individuals will have different challenges with making those habits, and rather than inventing new meetings and changing the system, we need to directly support the individuals who are not participating in the way that is agreed. Out of that we may come up with ideas to improve the overall team communication, but that should happen after finding out why the individual had trouble following best practices.

1 Like