No module named 'deepspeech_training'

Hi All,
While running deepspeech.py I am getting this No module named ‘deepspeech_training’ error.
Recently the path to deepspeech_training has been changed to training/deepspeech_training so,I think we have to make change in the deepspeech.py file also??

from training.deepspeech_training import train as ds_train

Python imports will kill me someday :slight_smile:

Please look at how you are calling the DeepSpeech.py
script. If you do that in deepspeech_training you should be fine. But I guess you are calling it from somewhere else?

If you need more help, post more info.

Have you read the documentation and performed pip install -e . step ?

No I have not performed this step pip install -e …In the documentation “using pre-trained model” steps I have performed.What is "pip install -e "?

This is the section about using deepspeech for running inference. Please read the training documentation if you are intending to perform training?

Hi, facing the same issue.
I followed the training doc and redid the installation multiple times and still facing the same issue.
Please guide me through the ‘pip install -e’ step, you have mentioned because i couldn’t find it in the training docs.

here is the error, i received. I am doing the training on google colab, so I haven’t created a virtual env.

/content/drive/My Drive/transfer learning/deepspeech
Training package is not installed. See training documentation.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “DeepSpeech.py”, line 7, in
from deepspeech_training import train as ds_train
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘deepspeech_training’

It is right here: https://deepspeech.readthedocs.io/en/v0.7.0/TRAINING.html#installing-deepspeech-training-code-and-its-dependencies

We can’t help for Google Colab.

hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
The issue has been solved from the doc that you mentioned. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

There was a mismatch between the version i was using and the document i was referring to.

1 Like

Please send PR if you feel doc improvement is needed :slight_smile:

Is there a conda equivalence for pip3 install --upgrade --force-reinstall -e .? Thank you!

@Vibhav can you please share that google colab link where you run deepspeech model.

here you go
https://colab.research.google.com/drive/19-7L0hfK_KfeRstG5f2MqAcqfAQTt5Jc#scrollTo=YhFyawDY4qw8