One suggestion to improve just a little bit more the best browser in the world

Hi, Folks.

I don’t know whether this is the right place or not to give my opinion about one little suggestion that could be implemented in Firefox, without bringing any prejudice for the browser, i think…

We know we have there the possibility to protect passwords and safety with a password in options>safety. After we fill the blank with the password everything is up - we have access to passwords saved in browser and synchronization begins. If we want to simply turn off that password and protect again all the information and stop synchronization we have to - I think there’s no other way till now - close the browser and reinitialize it again. It would be good if we had there an option to turn on again password protection without having to close the browser and all its tabs opened. This could allow us to stop browser from being all the time doing synchronization that sometimes blocks the browser.

What do you think? How could we take this suggestion to Firefox funders/administration/developers so that they can appreciate it and decide if that’s possible or not?

Thank you very much!

AFAIK if you set up a master password the sync won’t start unless you introduce the master password each time you open the browser.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-master-password-protect-stored-logins

I was precisely referring to master password. I need master password to open access to passwords saved in the forms, only accessible through master password, but after introducing the master password synchronization also begins and every change you make, for instance in add-ons, it will be synchronized. Sometimes this blocks Firefox. If there was an option (like a button) to turn off master password again without having to close the browser, that would be great! Otherwise, since master password was introduced, you’ll have always synchro ready to be done whenever you make some changes…

Thank you for your participation.

Then probably someone over Mozilla Support site can help you solve that behavior.

I’m not sure if that functionality is built in. But maybe there is an addon for it? Or otherwise you can suggeet this as a feature over at bugzilla.mozilla.org