Options page in FF 57

I’m trying to learn about new addons. I want to add an option page to the very simple Extension 1 and have failed. I was told that favorite-color is a good example so I copied the files to my folder and tried to load a temporary addon as I had done for Extension 1 and was told by FF that there was an error in the file - I hadn’t changed it so I assume that the example addon is corrupted or not working?? Could you help with this?

OK I got one thing working - I realise that when it said clone the addon, what was necessary was to open each file in Github and copy the contents into a new file.
But when I click Save in the options dialogue nothing happens and in the HTML file the - “No value found” is hardwired - it doesn’t look for a value. So how can I be sure that it’s saved? Also, is there a signed copy of this addon that I can actually install to watch it working?

By cloning it most likely meant cloning the repository using git on your local machine. This would download all files in the repository, so no manual copying is required.

Thanks for that. I only recently saw the cloning button:frowning: Do you know the answers to my other questions.?