[Participation Opportunity] Staff Onboarding - Introducing Community

Hi everyone,

I am looking for people(staff or volunteers) with speaking experience, who might also be interested in presenting a ‘community’ slide-deck to new staff and interns as part of their onboarding call every Monday 10:15 AM - 10:45 AM PDT / 5:15 - 5:45 PM UTC

Rather than put the pressure on any one person to own this, our goal is to build a small team (5 to start with) who can cover the calls over the next few months.

@flaki is the current contributor lead, and co-presented with me on the last call, :smile: This is a fabulous opportunity to improve as presenters, and to help curate content that informs and excites people about participation at Mozilla.

If this opportunity sounds like something you can commit to , for a minimum of one Monday per month ( half an hour max) ,then please register for training next week.

I have a maximum number of training ‘tickets’ set to five so please be very sure of your availability before taking a spot. Training is next Thursday at 9 AM PDT / 4 PM UTC

Thanks!! If you have questions please post here.

Community Onboarding - Training

Participation Team Heartbeat Issue

1 Like

@emma_irwin - I noticed after registering that the training time is not on a Monday (you didn’t mention the training time actually). I am definitely interested in this (which is why I jumped to sign up!) but can’t make this particular training session. I don’t see a way to cancel the ticket, only to reassign. Hopefully you can cancel it on your end!

hey @Kensie you’re right, I made that training time a bit hidden - sorry about that. The time is:

June 17th 9 AM PDT/4 PM UTC

But I think it would be fantastic to have you as part of this group, so if you are still interested we can just do a 1:1 sometime next week that does work.

1 Like

Darn! Just found out about this! Let me know if there’s going to be a second training round. Definitely interested.

A small note that we are going to move away from Day 1 training, to instead onboard staff in cohorts
’x weeks’ after they start. Onboarding to something as important as community and participation can benefit from delayed, and ‘in-person’ onboarding. I’ll share more as I know more, but first cohort won’t likely be until Q4. Thanks to all those who presented on the call: @majken and @flaki and to those who also reached out with interest you helped move this ahead in a positive way!

3 Likes