PLEASE restore classic behaviour of SAVE and QUIT

There is a real need to restore the classic behaviour of firefox on closing, i mean: closing firefox -> prompt asking [save and quit] [quit] [cancel] then the behaviour: save and quit -> save open tabs and reopen them at next firefox startup
quit -> close fierfox and delete current session, fresh firefox session at next startup
It was also possible to enable it by the “showQuitWarning” in about:config

At the actual status you can only choose between:

always reopen previous session : so when you close firefox with 20 open tabs that you dont need anymore you will find all them open again when you reopen firefox and then you have to close them one by one or manually start a new session

or

do not reopen previous session : so when you close firefox and you have some open tabs you must remeber to manually restore previous session on next startup because otherwise you will lose those tabs

So, why don’t just reintroduce the classic behaviour and let the user choose what’s better? Seems legit for a browser said to be open

Try to ask users if more feedback are needed

save-and-quit-option-to-save-firefox-tabs

10 Likes

This would be grand. I keep a script on my desktop that kills the Firefox process [Windows: taskkill -f -im “firefox.exe”] for my “save and quit” so it can be restored on next open when I want that behavior. Related: They also got rid of restart Firefox from the menus except when there’s an update, or by going to about:restartrequired manually. Save and quit could have the “just restart” option there in a clean place.

1 Like

I keep seeing users not happy with current behaviour and nostalgic of classic one, so i really don’t understand why nothing happens. Dev seems deaf on this side.

2 Likes

any update about thiss issue/feature?
I am very missing that

2 Likes

I left Firefox for good when they decided to remove this option.
This new “Always reopen previous session” approach is not convenient for me at all, as I like to consciously save the closed tabs whenever I want to, and discard them when I don’t.
Such a simple prompt that shouldn’t be removed in my opinion.

3 Likes

Add this suggestion to Bugzilla.
(But please suggest it as a new option, not replacing an existing option. There are people who like each of the current settings.)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

1 Like

by the way that would not affect current settings, as in the past the user could choose if showing the prompt or not. If i remember well there was a an entry like “showWarning” or something like in about:config
but anyway, please, anyone who can, open that bug report :pleading_face:

guys I’m a supporter of this issue too and I created the bugzilla istance, so please spend a minute to vote for it
bugzilla issue 1719047

1 Like

is not my issue, even if think it’s relevant but now i can clearly feel you