Postbox is looking for part-time Mozilla developers! This is a great opportunity to earn extra income while working on Mozilla code.
– $80 to $200 per hour, depending on experience
– Remote position
– Work whenever you want, in any timezone
– Work as little or as much as you want
– No long-term contracts or commitments
– Postbox is based on Mozilla 52.9.1, but we would like to move to ESR 68 when it becomes available
– Postbox builds on macOS and Windows (sorry, we do not support Linux at this time)
– All sources, features, and bugs are managed in GitHub
– Team communications via GitHub, email, and Slack
– We’re happy to have changes made to MPL code made available to Mozilla/Thunderbird
Interested? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a senior member of our development team will get right back to you.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Postbox is looking for recent graduates up to senior-level engineers who are passionate about email and communications. Our mission is to make people more productive and successful, so they can spend less time managing messages, and more time doing the things they enjoy with the people they love.
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but our team is geographically diverse and can accommodate individuals who prefer to work remotely. Are you a software developer who is passionate about communications and helping people conquer their Inbox? If so, we’d love to learn more about how you can help make Postbox the world’s best communications experience.
Tasks will include writing code, tests, analyzing data, bug fixing, problem-solving, and designing new and innovative features that people will love using.
You’ll be responsible for:
– Improving existing Postbox features
– Designing and implementing new features
– Prioritizing and fixing bugs
– Analyzing performance and identifying areas that need improvement
– Increasing the quality of the data we collect to enable better decisions
– Familiarity with Mozilla codebases, email protocols, and security standards a plus
– Experience working with a large codebase
– Familiarity with macOS and Windows desktop application development
– BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
At this time we’re seeking candidates interested in working part-time to round out our team, from 5-30 hours per week. Hourly rates range from $80 to $200 per hour, depending on experience.
Interested? Email us at email@example.com today!