Really amazed how useless firefox is now

And that’s the kind of behavior that isn’t accepted here.

2 Likes

Me?

I’m an employee of a university, I have never been an employee of Mozilla.

Quantum still sucks in 2020 and will never be great again. Firefox will never admit they dropped the ball with legacy killer version 57.

I still keep looking at Firefox to improve so I can leave Chrome. I never can. It’s usually unstable and consumes all available memory on my system and locks it up after a day of usage. In Chrome I can have 20 tabs open. Leave(Put PC to sleep), come back and operate as normal. Under the same environment and usage, Firefox will eat all 16GBs of ram and sometimes completely lock up my PC and force me to reboot. This has been happening for YEARS and they refuse to address it. Firefox has been bad for me since version 2.2+ or something like that. FF 2.0 was amazing and I wish we could go back to that time. I came to FF from Mozilla (Back then I started on Mozilla and then went to Mozilla Suite). They stopped Mozilla Suite and then I had to have 3 applications again. FF, Thunderbird, and mIRC, but since then I’ve stopped using IRC and I just find it unnecessary to have an email application at the moment, but I will still choose TB, should the need arise again. I have been watching for 16 YEARS, Mozilla. You haven’t fixed it. I have been a disappointed fan for 20. Let that sink in.

I truly wish someone would just fork 1.8 of Firefox and just add the security and HTML5/CSS3/Javascript updates for rendering. No GUI changes. Nothing. Just mint 1.8 with basic upgrades.

Do you sometimes use SeaMonkey Browser? (I did, until cessation of the port to FreeBSD.)

I mean, it’s not based on Firefox 1.8 but for people who want a browser with the potential to visually resemble an archaic version, the SeaMonkey application suite might be of interest.

HTH

To fix this, I think this reply needs replies.

What is the real problem? If we know this maybe there is a solution eventually.

Could addons be the problem? Who else thinks this? But then what type of addins and why?
Questions to find answers to by seriously choosing a right path.

Or how ever else have a friendly actually user based browser. Chrome works better in a way, but it is not a user based browser like Firefox. You don’t want to have to rely on it.

I use some addons in my chrome based browser. That don’t seem to touch certain functionality in browsers. They seem to stay at a distance. When I turn to Firefox, it’s a different way of thinking about the addons. What I want to chose and what is available.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.