ReMo bugs?

Hey guys,

I just heard that there was an issue with people filing bugs asking communities about what they need before the migration, but we haven’t really talked to anyone yet. We also haven’t gotten our ducks in a row in terms of policies, doing an inventory of what sites we host, making sure we have current contacts.

Can we get an update on what’s going on?

Logan, Tanner and I are going to have a small call sometime this week to talk about policy and structure. I have absolutely no understanding of what we’re going to do with inventory. That should be discussed in the next Bi-Weekly.

The bugs about migration have been there for a few weeks now I think. It’s not actionable yet, we’re just trying to give communities some time to decide what they want to keep, which plugins they need and ask any questions. It’s also a good opportunity for us to take early feedback from them.

Once policy, structure etc is complete and we are ~1 week from being able to accept sites into the instance, we will stream a video explaining what action communities need to take, how they can get help, what the benefits are etc.

Thank you for the update!

We filed the bugs to see if anybody was actually interested, and lots seem to be. I’m not going to make anybody move to WPMS if they don’t want to, but we’ll provide a better environment for most (easier for them to maintain, redundant servers, etc.).