Remove shortcut from command

From Firefox 60 onward, https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/commands/update allows to change the commands definitions made in the manifest (which is pretty neat).
What I can’t figure out is how I can remove a previously set shortcut.
update() allows to set a .shortcut, but setting it to null doesn’t change anything (and "" either throws or is noop as well).
If the manifest entry doesn’t specify a shortcut in the first place, reset() can be used to revert to that state.
But if it does specify a shortcut, I see no way to remove it dynamically.

Am I missing something or is this a bug / oversight in the API?

Oh, and adding/removing command definitions isn’t implemented yet.

I don’t think the goal is to let you completely disable or add commands, it is only to let you rebind them. So being able to unset and add, is, like you not in your last sentence not yet implemented.

I can

• add a shortcut to a command that had none
  • change existing or modified shortcuts
  • remove added shortcuts

but I can’t

• remove a predefined shortcut of a command

How does that make sense?
Note that all of these operations are on existing commands.

Adding and removing new commands would be something different. It could be used to work around this problem (if removing of predefined commands will be allowed), but it still seems weird.

A workaround would be to define all commands without shortcuts and add the defaults on the first startup after installation, but that would be incompatible with anything other than Firefox > 60.