I wanted to give a more detailed vision on what the Reps and Regional communities team is going to be working on the next 3 weeks as part of the Quarter 3 - Heartbeat 3 (or Q3HB3).
The Q3 Participation goals we are supporting are:
- A focus set of relevant training and learning opportunities for mobilizers are systematized and they regularly access these opportunities to be more effective in their contributions and as a result providing more impact to Mozilla’s main initiatives.
- Reps is the program for most core volunteers where many communities feel their voice represented and influencing the organization, and where mozillians join to be more aligned, grow their skills and be more impactful in mobilizing others.
The three areas of action will be:
- Reps program.
- Skill building.
- Community gatherings.
We want to keep working with our Reps Regional Coaches to meet as many local communities in their region as possible and be able to gather a report on Communities status and sentiment by the end of this HB. Also we want Regional Coaches to make sure all communities know about our Activate Mozilla campaign and try to get involved and aligned.
The work of Regional Coaches is going to be key to allow us to establish good channels to communicate with local communities and have a two-way communication about what’s going on and needs on the ground as well as align every community on the Mozilla’s current status and needs.
At Reps we will be also working with the Review Team to ensure we walk the first steps into an improved direction in terms of efficiency handling resources to Reps (better guidance, alignment, response time…)
Another big pillar is going to be keep our investment in our mobilizers’ skills by initiating the first coaching relationships from the new Reps Mentors (or Coaches) with mozillians that have applied to join the Reps program.
We want to start the coaching training with existing Reps mentors so we can grow our coaches group and be able to provide these coaching 1:1 sessions to more mobilizers.
Leadership toolkit will be a key reference in the future for skill building, and we want to advance here by testing some initial resources and present them in a nice site to mobilizers.
Community Gatherings are also part of our skill building and alignment efforts. During this HB we will deliver the EU one, as well as incorporate all the learning from it and from the past Indian one to our upcoming gathering toolkits.
We want to advance also in the organization of the Arabic Gathering and get all the logistics under control.
I hope this topic helps to clarify what are we trying to do and it can be a place where anyone can be involved providing feedback and input, we will be happy to receive it
The staff involved will be:
- Guillermo Movia (@deimidis) - Coaching, Regional Coaches, Community Gatherings
- Konstantina Papadea (@couci) - Review Team, Reps improvements
- Rizki Kelimutu (@kelimuttu) - Review Team
- Brian King (@kinger) - Activate Campaign sync, Community Gatherings
- Rubén Martín (@nukeador) - Regional Coaches, Reps improvements, Community Gatherings