We’ve been working to create role-specific dashboards for Pontoon users that help them to meet the expectations and responsibilities unique to their roles. These dashboards give users powerful information to help them find ways to have the greatest impact in their roles.
We started with the manager role and have created community health dashboards to help managers identify issues within the community related to peer reviews, completion, and activity level between the three user action groups. Matjaz has created a prototype that we’d like you have a look at and offer feedback on.
The spec for this new feature is here: dashboard specs.
The prototype is here (it uses fake data, and it’s identical for all locales): dashboard prototype.
Some questions you might keep in mind while playing with the dashboards:
- Will this data help me be a better manager for my community?
- What problem areas could you expect to find with this data?
- What data is missing to help you understand the health of your community?
- How often would you check in on these dashboards?
- What pieces of data are most interesting to you?
- Do the tooltips explain each visualization well enough for you?
- Are the graphs easy to understand without a tutorial?
- What tweaks to the graphs would you recommend?
Note that we’re only incorporating a certain set of data in these dashboards. We’re also using your feedback to understand what additional data Pontoon should register and use in similar dashboards in the future. If you have recommendations, we’d love to hear them.
This feedback period will only be open for one week (ends 13 November). Please take a few minutes to experiment with the prototype and give us your feedback in this discussion thread (not in github, please).