Responsive Design Mode Multiple Views

When working in the Responsive Design Tool Mode, we’d love to have multiple views at the same time.

As developers we all have large screens, so when we are building for mobile devices, it would be great to see multiple views of a smartphone or tablet at the same time.
We have plenty of screen real estate to do this.

• A smartphone and tablet layout displayed next to each other.
  • Maybe a portrait smartphone and a landscape smartphone

It would also be nice to choose what information we want to have diaplyed in the toolbar at the top of the viewport too. We don’t always want to see the DPR and Throttling options so lets hide them and remove the clutter.

Also, some quick icons to choose different sizes would be great, rather than having to click the drop down list for our preferred devices.

We spend most of our life in Responsive Design Mode and would love to see this area of Firefox be much more customisable.

Hi! Thank you for sharing suggestions on how DevTools can make the Responsive Design Mode tool even better!

It would also be nice to choose what information we want to have diaplyed in the toolbar at the top of the viewport too. We don’t always want to see the DPR and Throttling options so lets hide them and remove the clutter.

This would be a great addition! I filed the appropriate issue for this idea here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1601713

Also, some quick icons to choose different sizes would be great, rather than having to click the drop down list for our preferred devices.

I like the idea of having a way to easily access preset device sizes. Will be sure to consider what the UX for this could be!

it would be great to see multiple views of a smartphone or tablet at the same time

This idea has been brought up lots for Responsive Design Mode. And it would certainly be a big project for DevTools. We’d also want to consider what this should look like and how it should act if we were to implement something like this. However, I agree this would be a very exciting feature for Responsive Design Mode to have!

This could be managed considering also this request of last year about multi-window devtools. In that case is a more general request about ability to view contemporary various tabs of DevTools in a big screen, side-by-side