I really like the new Firefox however I keep getting back to Chrome since when using the dev tools I need to see the current screensize when resizing. Could this feature be implemented?
You can get the same when you enable the rulers in Firefox: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Rulers
- You have to enable the Rulers Toggle under the DevTools Settings
- Then turn it on
- Then you should see the dimensions in the top right corner:
Does this solve your problem?
It can be implemented for sure, in fact, it’s already here
- Go to the settings panel
- Turn on “Toggle ruler” under the “Available Toolbox Buttons” section
- Click on the ruler button in the toolbar
- Enjoy the rulers and the small page size indicator.
Note that if you are dealing with responsive layouts and have a set of pre-defined page size to check, you can use the responsive design mode and create the sizes that you need
Thank you but I still do not see the dimensions (window width as a number). I do see the ruler. FF 58.0b5 dev edition, Mac High Sierra. Edit - on Windows I also do not see any dimension numbers as in your screenshots?
Right, this is in Nightly only (pushed 2 days ago https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1402633 )
This will be in FF 59
Alternatively, you can try to download Nightly to get all the cool stuffs as soon as they are built