Search for Add0n

Firstly, I apologize if this is wrong channel to post in, this is my first use of this forum. I’m not a developer so it is a functional question and curiosity to me, again my apologies if I’ve missed it here.

In the early days there were add-ons that hooked into search result feeds to enhance the experience for users, the add-ons would attribute results with useful insight. What I have been looking for all these years and cannot understand Why there is not a design solution is a way to display next to a search result if that result belongs to a tld in my bookmarks data. Conceptually it seems like a useful attribute. Can someone help me understand why this is not possible, is it due to google api restrictions? If so, is there another search engine that allows you to code in attribution in this manner? History on the subject would be greatly appreciated so I can stop the painful wanting for such a feature on my browser.

Hello! This question makes perfect sense to me, but this is the Common Voice section of the Mozilla forum and I’m so sorry I don’t know the answer.

Could I ask you to check out the AddOns forum and see if they’re able to help you?

1 Like