I have a setInterval call in a background script. It gets disrupted by itself for some reason.
To reproduce this issue:
- Write a setInterval call in a background script.
- Open a concerned website whose access permission is configured in order to see running setInterval call.
- Open an another page on the same website on a new tab.
- Close the new tab so you get back to the first tab automatically.
- You will see the setInterval call no longer works without even errors.
Tested video reference:
It also doesn’t work in a content script. And I don’t have clearInterval call anywhere.