Should I learn grid framework? or focus more on grid layout

Just (almost) finished the css portion of mdn, got to take my first steps in to both grid framework and grid layout, although the guides go harder in to grid layout, it also mentions how popular framework is. Should I devote equal amounts of time in to learning them extensively? or just go with one of them ?

Hello @Assad_Newar

not sure what you mean with grid framework

but if you mean framework like react vue angular then you would need js first

if you mean framework like bootstrap then it better to understand the core stuff first cause all those framework use one or more of the layout and do some customization to help you make responsive website in much easier way and some even give your element a good looking option and some even add support to even the old browser that could missing some of the css atterbuite/value and notice it also use js

so it better to know hoe things work in the backend so in case you need to do some customization you would know what you need to do

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I meant framework like bootstrap, seems like grid layout was more focused on the mdn guides but it also emphasized how much grid frameworks like bootstrap was still in use.

1 Like

there many framework out there

check those list

and there are more than those one

1 Like

Newer CSS frameworks use CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid for their grid layout. Take for example Bootstrap: In older versions they created their own grid layout with percentage values. In newer versions their grid layout is based on Flexbox by default and you can activate experimental Grid support.

Therefore I agree with @justsomeone that it’s important to know Flexbox and Grid even if you will be using a framework to build your sites. You will understand what’s happening and can customize your code if necessary.

2 Likes