Sorting add-ons

I would find it very useful if I could sort add-ons by Thunderbird version number. I am using v78. It is pointless to look through lists of add-ons that won’t work with my version. Being able to look through and select add-ons that would in fact be useful to me would save me a lot of time and frustration.

If you click on the white arrow in the green square on the right side of the “search for add-ons” field (located on the right side of the blue header bar), you get a results list, and on the left side it is possible to filter the results. Here click on “Any Thunderbird” and then you can choose the Thunderbird version you want. (Unfortunately up to now the highest version you can select is 73.0 - I don’t know why, but maybe it will just take some time until addons.thunderbird.net (aka ATN) is updated).

Thank you very much. That is a step in the right direction. I saw the “Any Thunderbird” entry, but didn’t click on it because I assumed it meant “Any version of Thunderbird,” not that it would result in a list. I am still without the ability to sort on v78, but there is hope that someday I will be able to do that.

You are welcome!
I think we both agree that the possibility to restrict the add-on search to a certain TB version should be improved and that this possibility should be accessible from the ATN starting page (or should I say: it should be blatantly obvious).

Yes. Now I have to enter more text because I can’t write just “Yes.” But still Yes.