[Support] uBlock Origin

Is there anything wrong with the question I asked you before or the way I asked it?

Has the idea of simulating downloads of all resources ever be evaluated? The download could be just initiated and then cancelled, or performed fully.
Furthermore, the resource could be replaced with dummies.

Are there relevant threads that have discussed this already?

Thanks

This means you would connect to the remote server, and hence aside the overhead incurred, this would leave a trace in the logs of the remote server, the opposite of the core purpose of uBO. No connection means no overhead, and no IP address/user agent/referrer/etc. in a remote serverā€™s logs.

Yes, I know. The feature would target anti-blocker techniques that relay on the ā€œhitā€ on the server by performing it without rendering the media. Maybe outside the uBO purpose, but not useless.

Has it been discussed already?

Blocking onunload on chrome even if blocked disabled for a page.

On chrome Iā€™m seeing uBlock origin to cause a request triggered by the JS onunload function to be cancelled even on pages where uBlock has been turned off (the big arrows in a circle button). If I full disable the plugin or run in incognito mode then I donā€™t see this.

Is this blocking intentional?

Is there anyway to override this behaviour to allow the onunload functionā€™s web request to go through?

Thanks, Dave.

Hi,
Not even sure if I"m doing this in the right place. UBlock on Chrome is causing the following:
Iā€™m using gmail, thereā€™s a link on the mail, (paypal link btw) click on the link, tab briefly opens to get closed immediately. Iā€™ve seen this happening with other tabs too. I uncheck Ublock and the links work with no problem. How do I solve this? I donā€™t want to get rid of Ublock. Iā€™m good at following instructions.

thanks in advance

Use the logger to find out why uBO is closing the tab.

What is the logger telling you about that blocked network request?

The logger declares it a ā€œbeaconā€. Iā€™ve added the hostname for this beacon
request to my white list but it is still cancelling when called from
onunload.

Thanks, Dave.

How to block the right column of IMDb? I have already blocked all content of the right column, but the column is still there, and if I block it, the main column is blocked too.

Description

Iā€™d like to configure uBlock programmatically, from my ~/.conkerorrc.js, e.g. add some custom filters, update them, etc. Everything thatā€™s accesible through the ĀµBlock object.

Question: how can I get a grip of the ĀµBlock object?

E.g.:

• with NoScript, one can do:

var noscript_service = Cc["@maone.net/noscript-service;1"]
          .createInstance().wrappedJSObject;

and configure it through noscript_service.doWhateverYouWant(withSomething),

• with mozrepl, one can do:

var mozrepl_service = Cc['@hyperstruct.net/mozlab/mozrepl;1']
          .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIMozRepl);

• etc. ā€¦

uBlock defines Cc['@ublock0/content-policy;1'] and Cc['@ublock0/net-channel-event-sinks;1'], but I donā€™t know how to get to ĀµBlock from them. :crying_cat_face:

Settings

• Browser/version: conkeror/1.0.3
  • uBlock Origin version: 1.7.4

How can I block / disable the ā€œdata:text/html;base64ā€ links / redirects?

Is there a forum for uBlock Origin?

Iā€™m trying to see if thereā€™s a filter, or if one can be created, for Facebook, that removes/blocks the sections that appear labeled RELATED with a sort of carousel.

Thanks for reading.

This website has a 1-minute timer for users using an adblocker: http://www.thesimsresource.com/ The timer appears before downloading an item; if you disable your adblocker, the site gives you a 10-second timer instead. It used to be that uBlock Origin bypassed the 1-minute timer (the 10 second timer was always there), but it seems that the website has subverted ublock origin now. I hope you can help; this website is horrifically unusable when your adblocker is disabled.

http://www.linkneverdie.com/
I can not use ad block on this page, the problem is too high encryption and do not do anything about it, even if Ctrl + Shift + i and hidden element id 121C, failure

How to whitelist WordPress.com likes?
I d[onā€™t know how to do that, and then need to turn off uBlock on the blogs I read. But I donā€™t want to disable uBlock entirely, just enable the WorPress.com likes.

I was thinking to support some websites by white listing them, but Iā€™m not just blocking adds but also tracking systems, social networks, et al. Moreover also if I white list them, I donā€™t want to see the ads. I think that at the moment is quite difficult for ublock to allow only ads but to block all the rest. For the second part I can always create a personal hiding rule, or is there a better solution? For example allow requests but also apply cosmetic rules? So that the ads are downloaded but at the same time hidden.

I have somehow blocked all the icons that go next to navigation buttons on a lot of pages, including this one. I get a little box with the letters F1 or FO and two digits instead. Hovering the mouse over the box does make the text appear. The code behind the icon appears to be (with the angle brackets removed) class=ā€œtopics hidden-xsā€ i class=ā€œfa fa-comments-o fa-fwā€ aria-hidden=ā€œtrueā€

Can someone advise me where to look on the Dashboard to undo this?

Did you tell uBO to block remote fonts? See the No remote fonts per-site switch. Also, check the default rule for remote fonts in the Settings pane in the dashboard (itā€™s supposed to be un-checked by default).

Bingo, thatā€™s it. Thank you.