The bug report system is ill-suited to user safety problems

On bugzilla, bug reports generally request that users try to recreate the safety hazards, using “Safe Mode,” which disables most user safety fixes, or a “Clean Profile,” which disables all user safety fixes and enables all standard pain/animation settings.

On github for Fenix, didn’t get that far, but it requires users to reopen Fenix, with it’s own pain/animation.

What could better accommodate users reporting user safety problems?

1 Like

I think it might be an addition to this topic that Bugzilla does not seem to receive well accessibility reports. When disabled people have an accessibility issue, the platform where we report it is neither accessible nor receptive to our input. And the fact that this very post was just ‘ignored’ for 5 months is just another evidence that society doesn’t care much about disabled users.

I came here looking for a place where I could raise some accessibility concerns regarding autistic users (as I am myself autistic) but just found an empty forum where only 2 of a total of 9 posts got a reply (well, now there are three replied posts, but one is a meta-post and mine is not much helpful, so we could say there is only 1 actual response).

Anyway, my answer is not helpful, but I’d like to know how can I help to make Mozilla inclusive for us. What can we do? Provide information about our disabilities for developers? Where should we do that?

Hi Bruno,

I’m sorry that you feel people have been unreceptive to your input on Bugzilla. Specifically regarding the bug you filed (bug 1727983), our intention wasn’t to come across as unreceptive or dismissive. On the contrary, your bug was closed as a duplicate because we already have a bug on file where this issue is being addressed and it’s useful to keep everything associated with a particular issue in a single place. We do appreciate the feedback and your bug served as one more data point indicating that this area of Firefox is causing problems for users. On reflection, we could have done a better job of explaining why your bug was closed as a duplicate, which is something we will keep in mind in future.

Thanks for your efforts to make Firefox better.

jamie