Theme Font & Size Changer add-on disappeared today

I dearly hope this essential add-on will be repaired. According to many reviews on the review page, the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on disappeared today, January 5, 2018, due to a termination date that was embedded in the coding. Re-downloading the add-on also fails. On my iMac, Thunderbird is very difficult to use without this add-on, because the default text is so small that it causes eye strain. Thank you.

1 Like

I totally agree. This is a must-have add-on since the Thunderbird Group has chosen to ignore seniors and people with sight issues.

I need this! I canā€™t even begin to read my email this morning (and my TB has like 25 accounts)

The problem, as I learned from a review by mrx2020, is that the addon was set to self-destruct a few days ago. Hereā€™s the fix:

To fix this issue:

1. Download addon .xpi file (google for instructions-- I downloaded V56)
  2. unzip .xpi file (xpi is simply a zip archive)
  3. locate file bootstrap.js in the archive, open in text editor
  4. look for the code like this:
    compile:function(){
    if((build+ā€™ā€™).length != 10) Services.prompt.alert(null, ā€˜CompileAddonā€™, ā€˜An error occuredā€™);
    if(new Date().getTime() > ((build+ā€™ā€™).length == 10 ? build1000 : build)+(3302460601000)) return false;
    return true;
    }
  5. Comment out or delete line that begins with ā€œif(new Date().getTimeā€¦ā€
  6. Zip the archive back (make sure to zip from inside the xpi directory, so that there is no additional path to files). Rename resulting zip file into something.xpi
  7. Manually install the new addon file into Thunderbird
1 Like

Iā€™ve been using TB for the large email text as my eyesight is very bad. Now I can barely see which mailbox to use. Someone wrote a fix below but Iā€™m not savvy enough to do that kind of thing. Please help us seniors with poor sight. Thank you.[quote=ā€œcoriolus_effect, post:1, topic:24144, full:trueā€]
I dearly hope this essential add-on will be repaired. According to many reviews on the review page, the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on disappeared today, January 5, 2018, due to a termination date that was embedded in the coding. Re-downloading the add-on also fails. On my iMac, Thunderbird is very difficult to use without this add-on, because the default text is so small that it causes eye strain. Thank you.

Would you possible have time to help me do what you did?
ps: You sound smart enough to write a new app for FF. :roll_eyes:

Many thanks to the developer who repaired the Theme Font & Size Changer add-on! I have installed the updated version successfully in all of my mailboxes, and Iā€™m so happy to have it working again.

Hi, Iā€™m replying to bell2200@comcast net on forum as well as private email.

Thank you,
Patricia