I have been using u Block for almost a year now and today I noticed that it isn’t blocking any ads on my homepage. It is activated and still shows the number of ads blocked, but I still get ads where they weren’t there yesterday. Any thoughts?
Is that just after starting Firefox? Because sometimes uBlock might not get a chance to block them, a solution is in the works afaik.
After and during. I will refresh my homepage and still won’t block ads. I even rebooted my PC to see if that would help, it didn’t.
Does this extension work with Firefox Quantum?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/ works for sure (a fork of µBlock by the original author), I don’t think µBlock is still maintained (after it turned out that the maintainer was not nice or something).
So, after reinstalling u block, with your link, why are some adds still getting through? Not sure what went wrong with it, because a week ago it was blocking ALL adds.
Did you find a solution?
for me: 01-22-1018
UBlock started to block ability to use links from within Gmail
Quantum and latest Ublock
uninstall/reinstall Ublock fixed it
Hasn’t fixed my problem.
Had the same issue. Performed steps mentioned below fixed my issue.
- Removed Ublock first from - about:addons
- Quit Firefox, Make sure there is no Firefox.exe process running in the background!
- Type %appdata% in your windows explorer address bar & press Enter
- Navigate to “Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\jbjocfsh.default\extensions” & DELETE the file name “uBlock0@raymondhill.net.xpi”
- Start firefox, Install Ublock from : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/