U2F standard to Firefox?

How can I configurate U2F support protocol in Firefox Quantum. Or do I need a Add-on?

Have a look at this article: https://www.yubico.com/2017/11/how-to-navigate-fido-u2f-in-firefox-quantum/

Relevant parts:

Firefox Quantum is the latest internet browser to natively support FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) devices […] with one small caveat. FIDO U2F is not turned on by default in the Firefox browser. […]

Why isn’t FIDO U2F a default setting in Firefox Quantum?

Mozilla plans to only support the out-of-the-box experience with FIDO U2F devices using Web Authentication APIs (as part of FIDO 2) versus FIDO U2F APIs. Per the company’s Security/Crypto Engineering wiki page, they intend to “…permit use of […] Web Authentication (on by default) in Firefox 59 or 60.” […] As Web Authentication specifications will likely not be complete until early 2018, users will need to wait for the seamless experience with U2F devices in Firefox until the Web Authentication API integration is done.

How do I enable FIDO U2F in Firefox Quantum?

While the FIDO U2F experience in Firefox is limited at the moment, turning it on is very simple. It only takes three steps.

1. Type about:config into the Firefox browser.
  2. Search for “u2f”.
  3. Double click on security.webauth.u2f to enable U2F support.

Please note that even after enabling FIDO U2F in Firefox Quantum, YubiKeys won’t work for some U2F-enabled sites. See article for details.

1 Like