Before you post anything new, please search through the IoT topic for similar posts and read through the following.
- If you’re unsure about how to work the UI, or how to set the gateway up at all, you may want to read through our Getting Started Guide and/or User Guide.
- If you’re curious if device X will work with the gateway, you can see a list of available add-ons here, as well as a user-curated listed of supported hardware here. The latter list is far from complete, so don’t assume that your device isn’t supported if it’s not in that list.
- If you had issues with the upgrade to 0.12, see here.
- If you have an issue with a specific add-on, please file an issue against that add-on’s repository. If you navigate to Settings -> Add-ons in the UI and click the link with the author’s name, you will be taken to the repository. This is generally the fastest way to get help, since not all of the authors/maintainers are active here on Discourse.
- If you’ve found a bug in the gateway, please file an issue here.
- If you have a problem with one of the webthing libraries, please file an issue to the appropriate repository.
- If you’re interested in building an add-on, we’ve written up a nice tutorial.
- If you’d like to add a new translation, you can do that on Pontoon.
- If you are thinking about contributing to the gateway itself, the code lives here. There is a lot of additional information on our wiki.
- If you want to build your own web things, check out our website, which has links to numerous libraries, as well as examples.
Other ways to get help
You can find us on Matrix in #iot:mozilla.org.