Using Thunderbird on a Touchscreen

Hi,
I’ve installed Thunderbird on a Lenovo Ideapad C340-14API (convertible Notebook, has touchscreen) with Linux (Debian 10/Buster with Gnome) running on it

I could not find any option to get Thunderbird to recognize touch gestures such as scrolling through mails, swiping up and down the calendar an so on.
Instead Thunderbird recognizes the touch gestures as klick-and-drag and so it drags the touched email around or creates a new event in the calendar.

With Firefox it has worked pretty well, all I needed to do was to start firefox with
“env MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1 /usr/bin/firefox-esr” for the firefox-version shipped with debian per default or nothing (I think) for the latest Version of Firefox (I start it with “env MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1 /opt/firefox/firefox” anyway).

Is there any option to get Thunderbird running with Touchscreen-support? “env MOZ_USE_XINPUT2=1 /opt/thunderbird/thunderbird” does not change the behaviour of Thunderbird.

1 Like

Same issue here. I’ve raised https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1604163

1 Like