Raw notes here.
- Hi this is Christos from GreeceHola, my name is Francisco and I am from Madrid.
- Hi, my name is Shahid and I am from India (over the phone)
- Hi, my name is Mariot and I am from Madagascar
- Hi my name is Sumanth and I am from India.
- Hi, I’m Michael from rainy Switzerland
- Hello, Ruben from Spain. Winter is coming.
- Hi, I’m Daniele from Italy.
- Hey I am Pierros from Grchaasof from tunisia watching airmozilla as always
- Hi i am Umesh from India
- Hi, I’m Nikos from Athens, Greece
- Hi, I’m San James from Kampala, Uganda
- Hi, Yofie, from Jakarta, Indonesia
- Ioana - currently on the bus
- Hi, I’m George and I’m currently in Mountain View – the mothership headquarters!
- Hi, my name is Vishal and I’m from Nashik, India
- Hi this is Mrinal from Indore India
- Hi I am Faisal,driving back to home
- Hi i am Luna, watching via airmoz now(21:00 Swedish time)
- Ioana and Michael for taking all the reps call notes in discourseHUGE SHOUTOUT
TOPIC 1 - Elections are coming! Pierros
TOPIC 2 - Mozfest is Coming! Guillermo or Ruben 5 minutes
- There will be an increasing buzz of activity in the coming weeks, as we prepare for and design our experiences for Mozfest.
- As outlined in the Global Leadership events descriptions, Mozfest is is a key opportunity to make, learn and build learning programs that we can take into our Mozilla communities as ways to reach our 2016 goals.
- The Mozfest experience is new this year, forget what you know from previous.
- Read Michelle Thorne’s post on Pathways: http://michellethorne.cc/2015/08/mozfest-pathways-its-like-the-london-tube/
- Read Emma’s post on Participation Pathways & Spaces: http://tiptoes.ca/mozfest-participation2015/
- Preparing for Mozfest
- What to expect for Mozfest Cohort
- Sharing ‘Why Mozilla, Why Now , Why Me’ on Discourse to introduce yourself to the rest of your cohort (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/my-mozilla-why-me-why-now/4797 )
- Outreach for 1:1 coaching , which needs to be completed prior to mozfest
- Discussions on the goals you outlined in your application to the Global Leadership summit and how Mozfset will enable your sucess in reaching those (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/global-gatherings/mozfest )
- Planning for and sharing your Mozfest experience on Discourse (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/my-mozfest-experience/4800)
- What to expect for those with accepted sessions in the Participation Space
- You should have recieved a 1:1 for facilitator training, if not contact Emma
- What to expect for those who are coming without accepted sessions in the Participation Space
- As part of coaching you will be encouraged to reach out to another cohort member who has a session to offer help co-facilitating or testing their content and delivery.
- What to expect if you are attending Mozfest and are not part of the leadership cohort
- Opportunity to attend, lead and participate in everything going on - including coaching if you are interested reach out to Emma
- What you should do, no matter who you are
- Familiarize yourself with all spaces and especially our three pathways (linked from Emma’s blog)
- Think about how attending Mozfest can better enable your success on goals for 2016
- At Mozfest
- Leadership training & facilitator training
- Following the event design you created for yourself at Mozfest (sessions you attend, people you talk to. More on this soon)
- Participation Space!!! Random cool opportunities to practice leading by …leading!
- Science Fair
TOPIC3 - Featured Future Events (Franc) 5 mins (or less)
Semana do tecnico em informática (Palmeira dos Indios, Brazil), 22-23
Geeks in Schools (Vilnius, Lithuania), 23
FSA Bootcamp (Hyderabad, India), 24-29
Paris L10n Hackathon (Paris, France) 24-25
OSCON EU (Amsterdam, Netherlands), 26-28
FSOSS 2015 (Toronto, Canada) 29-30
TOPIC 4 - Help me with my project!
TOPIC 5 - What we’re working on in Council ( Shahid)
- Discussed on budget request SOPs and the 3 weeks rule. Going to send an update on Reps-general soon.
- We are discussing with Pierros about the council elections how we should continue with this.
- A letter for supporting Reps and providing any necessary information about their relation with Mozilla was drafted thanks to mentors and council.
- We were contacted from Jeff of the l10n team in order to discuss this year’s Reps activities on localization and next steps for 2016. We discussed this during this week meeting and we also scheduled a meeting in Orlando with Jeff.