What do you think about the Weekly Call? [Feedback topic]

Unfortunately I have work shift at this time, but I try to read call notes.

Try to find another time for the call by polling for all rep and I support @thephoenixbird in his suggestion.

Do you usually attend, watch or read call notes? Why?

I can’t due to work and college time zones

What do you love to change about it?

Changing timezone and/or day of the meeting in order to participate
more/different reps.

Possible do it during or before the all hands on a Monday

Why do you think people are so quiet during the call?

I think answers above have covered this question.

what if, we create sort of podcast, like radio podcast, that we can download, in case we missed the meeting
 so it doesn’t have to be a video
 i think audio is enough

great idea yofie! one question: should all of it go to the podcast?

would be great if we can do that
 to be more organized, so every podcast have their own title, and short description about the main topic discussed on the meeting. So maybe there are some interesting topics someone is missing, they can start download and try to learn the discussion. And maybe sometimes we need to reffer back to the old podcast, digging old topic, or idea burried in old past meeting and developing it

but the downside will be, this podcast audio thing only works for those who already familiar to recognize voices

That’s been my concern each time we have talked about podcast. Audio-only is extremely difficult for non English-speakers.

Maybe that’s the reason people prefer to have good notes they can read in 3 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

how hard would it be to create a workflow to have a podcast created each time from the video audio?
That way we have a great buffet: video and audio, audio only and text :wink:

just a random thought (shout at me if i didn’t go through previous stuffs),
why no IRC or something instead of video+audio stuffs. We got bad internet
in some places :confused:

~Nootan
Mozilla Nepal

Typing is slow. If you want to follow text-only, you can always follow the pads.

1 Like

I think that Nootan has a good point.

The problem is that is difficult to optimize for everyone. What are other suggestions to tackle this problem?

1 Like

I don’t know if I dreamed it, but I think airmozilla used to have that option (audio only) under download section in each video.

But you can write understandable english (possibly curated and proofread) - so that non native english speakers/listeners can understand things?

If you can think of audio only, why not think of improvising text-only? :wink:

So for text meeting like IRC from my own experience I would say that they are not productive regarding time. You type something and wait for replies. Downsides:

1. u never know if someone will reply
  2. u never know if they finish the sentence ( u can use EOM), if they will add something more or others want to chime in - they can be solved with a bot or rules but it will take even longer, people will get frustrated waiting for their time etc
  3. it is less friendlier than to see faces

@nootanghimire did u check the meeting notes from the pad? did u check the etherpad agenda before the meeting to add your input? How do you feel about the meeting notes?

Looking forward for more opinions here

I do check the etherpad (and only etherpad) once in a while.

It just leads to my imagination that the meeting went quite well and I
grasp as much as my memory serves me.

TL;DR: Etherpad before and after meet is quite good and serves its purprose IMO.