What to do when I want my work assessed

About “Assessment wanted ~” topic, do you hope/expect for creating something like other people will use as information? I know online shareable editor is recommended for showing my work. I also understand it is more easy for you to check. Nevertheless, I’m thinking about whether I need to add the code directly to it or not.

• Showing my work(code) here is not recommended. What I want to say, the topic can actually lose information.
  • It looks like creating new topic is recommended and it looks like the user can delete it.
  • It looks like there are already many examples(Learning web development: Marking guides and questions

I’m wondering whether I should rather delete my topic or not after creating such a topic.

In my opinion the main goal of such a topic is to help the user who posted it. If anyone else comes across and find it helpful, that’s fine. If the link to the online editor is broke after some time, too bad.
Everyone seeking help can open a new topic with questions if they don’t find an existing working solution.
In conclusion: Don’t delete topics and don’t include the code in the post.

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

I appreciate your advice. Now I can see what I wanted. However, I still a bit question.

If the link to the online editor is broke after some time, too bad.

I think it’s better to keep the link, too.That’s because I think a code in the link page is the most important on such a topic. However, that’s why I wonder why you recommend including the code only in the link page. In other words, I wonder why you don’t recommend including the code on the topic in addition to the link.
The link can lose meaning regardless of my will. I may also need/hope for an action which cause a broken link, even if I always hope for keeping the link.

if they don’t find an existing working solution.

At least about such a topic , I think I can say “I can’t deny a possibility that there is a useful post for me until I find it”, because, “it looks like there are already many examples”. Then, how much time should I use for finding the useful post? In other words, how much care should I have for that? I feel this question is stupid , but I’m actually thinking about that.

1 Like

Some exercises have dozens of lines of code that would make the topic unnecessarily complicated for just too little of a benefit.

If you feel the urge to paste the whole code into the topic, fine do so.
As someone who grades exercises I would appreciate if you won’t.

1 Like

I appreciate telling me the reason.

If you feel the urge to paste the whole code into the topic, fine do so.

I also apologize for probably making you uncomfortable. It seems I caused a misunderstanding, but it’s not that I wanted to submit my request. The reason I created this topic is that I don’t want to bother especially members who grades exercises. I got the direction of what to do by your first message. However, I had no confidence I understood the reason enough. So I was still worried, so I asked again.

1 Like

No worries. All is fine :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like