Wondering if my idea is possible

Greetings,

I apologize if I’m in the wrong spot, but I’ve got an idea in my head and I know next to nothing about JavaScript, which is what I understand most browser extensions are based on.

I work for a large MSP and we spend a lot of time helping customers get us their cloud based details we need to help manage their cloud apps (Azure Tenant ID, Carbon Black API Keys etc). Sometimes they just need to copy and paste a value, other times they need to create an API for us with specific permissions. We track these steps in ugly and confusing documents that almost never seem to work, especially since vendors update things so frequently.

My Idea: A browser addon for our customers. This addon would basically ‘drive’ your browser when you ask it to. For example, clicking on Carbon Black would take you to their site, ask you to log in, then handle all of the mouse clicks and data retrieval for you. I’ve done this using python and Selenium, but that isn’t really practical to give end customers.

Obviously they’d have to accept some security permissions, and I’d write it in such a way they are prompted each and every step of the way.

The browser extension could then upload all of those details over SSL to our backend systems, thus greatly simplifying the onboarding process.

If this is something that’s doable with JavaScript, I’ll start learning. If there’s just no way because of XYZ thing I never thought of, I’d like to know now before I take on this venture.