We haven’t been able to provide a proper mentoring to our Reps. In the past, our mentorship role is only limited to budget review. We haven’t been able to provide proper coaching, personal/professional development for Reps, and proper guidance for making the impact. Our mentorship structure is mainly built around bureaucratic tasks. We have fantastic mentors who are doing a great job but we’re also not supporting them actively.
The goal of this working group is to update the mentorship structure (including educational materials and staff support) to provide more coaching and personal/professional development for Reps, rather than a focus on bureaucratic tasks. We will also try to create ways to recognize the impact that Reps are having ranging from a recognition culture to LinkedIn recommendations. The another important goal of this working group is to introduce a 1 year term to all roles within Reps. After 1 year all different roles need to be evaluated and reconfirmed.
Possible Questions that need to be answered:
- How are the trainings going to to be done?
- How Reps continue with fx area in observe with mentor for fx area?
- Will mentors be categorized as well? How will this applied to existing mentors?
- Are we assuming leadership?Where is the difference between the Participation Team and Mentors?
- After this program optimization I become a functional Rep, do I need to contact a “Resources” Rep to have a budget filed for an event?
- How does the Mentor <-> Mentee relationship change?Who can become a mentor? Any rep or does it have to be a specific Reps group?
How to get involved
If you are interested in helping in this group, please fill out the following doodle with next week dates for an initial meeting