Add-on previously validated and then rejected

Hello,

I had a very bad experience today…
The last versions of one of my add-on (existing since nearly 3 years) has been rejected after the latest version was validated 36 hours ago).
I guess that this means it is also disabled in users browsers… even if they have been using it for months.

This never happened before Quantum, is this the result of a new process in add-ons reviews?
Does that mean we cannot be sure that a new version is really validated when AMO says so… and you can decide without any warning to disable add-ons?

That turns me crazy… we have thousands of users and I have no idea what is the impact for users.

Now, I have submitted the fix, but no idea when/if it will be reviewed and accepted.

The AMO review system has changed. Please check the following for more info:

https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/09/21/review-wait-times-get-shorter/

Hi @emmanuel_sellier, I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. :frowning:

Can you send me your add-on’s name or join us on irc.mozilla.org in the #addon-reviewers channel? I’d be happy to look into this.

OK thanks erosman

But what is, exactly, the impact on users?
It’s really difficult to manage this kind of situation…

Well… there has been a lot of discussions about it. In order to have a speedy turn around, addons are Automatically approved (with some reservations). However, they will still be reviewed by a human at some point later to make sure they conform to AMO policies.

I understand your concerns and I am sorry about the inconvenience.

OK, we lack of time to read all discussions, and we missed that.
Suggestion: Could you propose two options?
1/ “quick” approval - but with the risk of later rejection
2/ full (human) approval - as before with no risk to be dereferenced

But maybe that was also discussed :slight_smile:

Thanks for your job that is really important for the safety of all our users :smile: