Addon from Dictionary.com

Hi,

I was just wondering, what’s the logic behind putting such ambiguous message like this in addon Dictionary Pop-Up by Dictionary.com (Official) by Dictionary.com:
"This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox."
And what now. What is the version that is compatible? Why isn’t my version compatible? What am I supposed to do with that?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I completely agree, theres nothing more annoying than the system telling you a problem without a solution. Extra information would be very helpful.

Kevin

Hi @dreaming.elf1 and @sennesk, thanks for posting this! Unfortunately, Dictionary Pop-Up has not yet been updated with the modern framework for Firefox extensions.

The next best step is to reach out to the developers and ask about their timeline for providing an update. I’m happy to do that (but it will probably have more impact if they hear from users like you :wink: ).

In the meantime, would you be interested in taking a look at other dictionary extensions and seeing if any of them might fit your needs?

Hello @caitlin , thank you very much for the response! I have sent them a message too see what they are up to regarding this.

Wow I didn’t even know you could get so many dictionary extensions. I just commented because i didn’t like annoying error messages. Looking through them though, i’ll be trying the Dictionary (EN/DE) one, as it would be interesting to see what word I think the translation should be, compared to what it is. Should be helpful/educational.
Thanks for linking everything, made everything 10x easier.

Kevin

1 Like

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you. I’ve contacted them.

I installed another extension too :slight_smile:

Regards,

Mark

1 Like