i have a big problem , yesterday i reset my laptop and i install firefox again when i wanted connect on my firefox account but i forgot my password , no problem i click on “forget my password” and i creat a new password and when i connect ( with the new password ) the account is empty all my logins and passwords disappeared and when i check my app ios it’s same the app Lockwise is empty ,
could you please help me ?
thanks in advance.
All my logins and passwords are disappeared, also. In my case, there are a few differences. I don’t remember ever installing Lockwise on my Linux desktop in the first place, but it is there now.
I used the Firefox Account to sync my logins between my desktop and android for months with no issues. A few days ago, my house suffered a power outtage and when the computer came up, I notice Lockwise is there and all of my logins are gone. Meanwhile on my android, there is no Lockwise and all logins are fine.
- Linux desktop Firefox with Lockwise and Android Firefox without Lockwise are both using the exact same login credentials.
- I created a new login on each device for testing and I tell both to “sync now”, and Android acquires the new Lockwise login from desktop.
- I cannot export my logins from Firefox Android (v93.1.0 (Build 2015836707))
- I cannot remove Lockwise from my desktop Firefox Linux (v78.14.0esr (64-bit)) to see if it is hindering the sync somehow.
- I emptied 100% of history/cookies/data/etc., then uninstalled Firefox completely from my Debian desktop(even selected “purge” from Software Center), rebooted, reinstalled Firefox… The damned thing even opened to this exact page, right where I left off… As though nothing was ever changed… Still no logins from my Android!!!
I fixed it… for now. Hopefully for good.
I deleted the couple new logins in my Desktop Firefox, then, I selected in Preferences:
- “Sync” on the left,
- “Change…” in the Sync settings box,
- “Disconnect…” from my Firefox account,
- Confirmed the disconnect,
- Now that syncing is off, I selected “Set Up Sync”,
- then “Save Changes” and waited for the sync to finish before checking for logins.
That fixed it for me, until further notice.
I hope this helps someone else out there.