Are there any locale switcher, compatible with Firefox Quantum?

If no, please point me to instructions on downgrading the Firefox to a version that has one compatible.

What kind of locale do you want to switch? Website locales (content locales)? Dictionary? Firefox UI?

I want to switch Firefox UI

I believe there are plans to expose this to the user eventually, further the thing that switches the locale has been changing a lot in the last few versions.

There is no way extensions can control the UI language or locale, however.

This is strange. I have v.57 on desktop. It uses Ukrainian language pack and shows UI in Ukrainian. On laptop I’ve got v.59 and it does not. And I could not find any settings to change the locale in both of these version.

That really depends on your OS. If you’re on Mac OS or Windows Firefox’s UI will always be in the language that the downloaded version was built for.

This does not correlate with my experience. I have Windows 7 EN on desktop and Firefox with Ukrainian UI, while notebook has Windows 10 UK and Firefox with no Ukrainian UI.
Before v.59 I had Ukrainian UI in both places, but then, after automatic upgrade, Ukrainian UI has disappeared.

I assume recent localization infrastructure changes have lead to this. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/use-firefox-interface-other-languages-language-pack for info on how this whole stuff works. Should’ve linked that page earlier.

1 Like