How do I change the language on Firefox Dev Edition?

I run the Firefox Dev Editons on Windows OS using English language. Firefox Quantum version 57.0 is English; but Firefox Dev Editons version 58.0b1 is Turkish. I can’t change this settings.
Thanks.

1 Like

Firefox language on most operating systems is determined by the language you download the installer for. To switch language you will most likely have to download a different installer and install that version instead.

Direct Download Link for English US Developer Edition for Windows (64 bit)

4 Likes

Thank you @freaktechnik . I did it :hugs:

2 Likes

Since this is the first result on Google, I wanted to add a “better” solution I found.

Since Firefox 65, there is an option in the settings to change the UI language of Firefox. However, this option is hidden on Firefox Nightly (and apparently also Firefox Developer Edition) because language packs are not officially supported for Nightly versions. They might lead to UI crashes, however I’ve not encountered any. Proceed at your own risk.

Set these settings to true in about:config:
intl.multilingual.enabled
intl.multilingual.downloadEnabled.

You can now change the UI language in Settings -> General -> Language.

12 Likes

thks bro, save my life!

1 Like

I also had a problem with it and had to use the workaround and fiddle with it. It seems like a serious bug to me.

It’s logical for Firefox Nightly, though it should be easier to enable it IMO. How about just one flag change? I don’t think it makes sense at all for Firefox Developer Edition.

1 Like

The language you download the installation for determines the language of Firefox on the majority of operating systems. You will most likely need to download a separate installer and install that version in order to change the language.

After two years from this response still the only possible way to change the language!