Hi, I am actually @rugkx (and, for that matter,
Here is what happened:
- For @rugkx I’ve used the GitHub login, because I do not have many choices. (I’ve complained about that stuff before, but well… there is was only subjectively broken. Now I have a real problem.)
- However, it did not wanted me to login and redirected (reloaded) the site or GitHub 4-5 times…
- Afterwards, it presented me with a new user regsitration.
The reason: I’ve changed my (commit) mail on GitHub!
Wtf? Now I cannot login with my old account anymore (unless I change the mail back, I guess.)
This is obviously a broken behaviour, because:
- I should totally be allowed to change my mail on GitHub to whatever I like without affecting this *** login.
- I have several mails set. Obviously it did not even use the public mail (visible in my profile), but my one for doing git commits! (I even have a different mail for notifications and
- I cannot change the mail in the user registration form.
I am seriously offended that I cannot use a different mail here than on GitHub. I usually want to separate mails (via
+prefix) and this destroys it all…
Edit: Seems I can change my mail in the options, but obviously not to the mail of another user. (Also nice, email enumeration is possible here… #vulnerability)
Can you somehow help me? Merge my profiles?