Can we delete the App Center?

Hi all,

In the spirit of spring cleaning, and deleting some old and obsolete content, I decided to take another look at the App center: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Apps

This used to be where we hosted all of our Firefox OS docs, plus a load of material of fundamental app techniques.

But fast forward 4-5 years to the present day, Firefox OS is dead (in that form), and most of the fundamentals content is out of date/obsolete.

I’ve already been through and deleted a load of the content that is really out of date/obsolete (i.e. the APIs are no longer supported, or have changed so much that updating it would be a huge task), and redirected other content to places on MDN that already cover that stuff, better.

This leaves us with the PWA content, which is good and has fairly decent page views, and some of the fundamentals stuff, which is fairly good but could probably just be moved somewhere else more useful, and is probably repetitious (e.g. the video/audio content).

I’d like to propose that we move this stuff to other places, and then delete the App Center completely. Does anyone have any objections?

3 Likes

No, I think that’s precisely what we need to do. There is some really useful content in there, just needs to get migrated to better places.

1 Like