I’m posting here again to share some exciting Community Portal updates from this past month.
We have just finished Milestone 1
- We have now more than 1400 profiles, 105 groups and 75 events.
- Activities are now active on the portal: People can contribute following and connecting events to them.
- Site-wide search is now fully enabled.
- Campaigners newsletter page and preference on profiles are now functional.
- Campaigns are ready and we will launch our first campaign on the site soon, with email integration to be able to connect with people joining each campaign.
- Homepage is now featuring some groups and activities.
- Groups and events can now define their main language for better discoverability.
- You can now add your Matrix username to your profile (and soon your group room).
- Events, groups and people can now be filtered by location, language, contribution type or activity/campaign. Looking for some coding events, online in German? Or maybe a Common Voice event in the Netherlands?
Help us with your feedback
I would really appreciate if you can take 5 minutes to answer these quick questions to help us improve and prioritize our plans with the portal, your input is essential:
- Are you and your community using the portal? If not, why?
- If you are using it, how are you using it? We want to understand which sections are you using (activities, events, groups, profiles…) and how.
- What are the most useful things? Why?
- What are you missing from the portal? Why?
- Do you have any question or additional input about the portal?
We are currently working on the Milestone 2, which will take the coming months until the end of June, where we want to focus on:
- Make sure we support localization on the user interface as well as on activities and campaigns content.
- Implement better dashboard and better internal metrics for Community Managers to track activity on campaigns, events and groups.
- Better group-level metrics and search: Filter members by name, location, language or interest.
- Improvements on advanced search.
- Codebase updates and stability.
You input is fundamental to identify needs and inform Milestone 3+, you are a fundamental part of the planning process
Thanks so much!