Compiling DeepSpeech and Tensorflow from source

Hi,

I took the latest source for tensorflow and DeepSpeech. Followed the instructions to create generate binaries for both but am still seeing the following ERROR,

type ‘select’ is not iterable
ERROR: error loading package ‘native_client’: Package ‘native_client’ contains errors

I checked that this error is reported in Issue thread and it has been closed. However, I am still seeing the issue and not sure how to move forward.

Please let me know if you need any more info from my side.

Thank you
Rishabh

Thanks @rishabh.shah0330.

That error is typical of building DeepSpeech against upstream tensorflow instead of https://github.com/mozilla/tensorflow/, branch master. Can you make sure you are building against our fork?

1 Like

Hi @lissyx,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This helped me to move ahead and I am now able to build DeepSpeech locally.

Rishabh

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind updating your original topic title with the error to help people fighting the same kind of issue ? Thanks !

Hi @lissyx,

I am not able to retrieve my username rishabh.shah0330 and hence not able to edit the topic. Tried few things but not able to get through.

How can I install your specific fork on linux having a gpu ? pleaase

Which specific fork are you talking about ? It’s already linked in the README.md how to get and install from TaskCluster.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: