Compiling DeepSpeech and Tensorflow from source

(Rishabh Shah0330) #1

Hi,

I took the latest source for tensorflow and DeepSpeech. Followed the instructions to create generate binaries for both but am still seeing the following ERROR,

type ‘select’ is not iterable
ERROR: error loading package ‘native_client’: Package ‘native_client’ contains errors

I checked that this error is reported in Issue thread and it has been closed. However, I am still seeing the issue and not sure how to move forward.

Please let me know if you need any more info from my side.

Thank you
Rishabh

(Lissyx) #2

Thanks @rishabh.shah0330.

That error is typical of building DeepSpeech against upstream tensorflow instead of https://github.com/mozilla/tensorflow/, branch master. Can you make sure you are building against our fork?

(Rishabh Shah0330) #3

Hi @lissyx,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. This helped me to move ahead and I am now able to build DeepSpeech locally.

Rishabh

(Lissyx) #4

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mind updating your original topic title with the error to help people fighting the same kind of issue ? Thanks !

(Rishabh Shah) #5

Hi @lissyx,

I am not able to retrieve my username rishabh.shah0330 and hence not able to edit the topic. Tried few things but not able to get through.

(Guessous Amine) #6

How can I install your specific fork on linux having a gpu ? pleaase

(Lissyx) #7

Which specific fork are you talking about ? It’s already linked in the README.md how to get and install from TaskCluster.

(Guessous Amine) #8

Thank you :slight_smile: