I wonder if the ConBee II is supported by the Mozilla WebThings?
I bought it today and i have intstalled it on a Raspberry PI 3+ but i cannot find my Aquara Temp and Humidity sensor.
Is it possible that the ConBee II are not supported and thats the problem?
I have installed the ConBee addon in webthings gateway.
Greatful for answers.
The ConBee II should be supported. I have one, but haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. The serial API is supposed to be backwards compatable with the ConBee (which is well tested).
The Xiaomi devices are probably the most difficult devices to pair and get working (with any dongle) and have a tendency to drop off the network after a few hours, so I don’t use mine much.
Thank you for your answer.
Glad that it is compatible!
Ok, so what sensors do you recommend besides the xiaomi that works like a charm?
I am quiet a noob to this
Mot other Zigbee sensors should work. Many of the Samsung SmartThings sensors have been tested with the gateway.
We have a list of supported hardware that have been verified to work (we should really add a note about the Xiaomi sensors though). https://github.com/mozilla-iot/wiki/wiki/Supported-Hardware
I think that it would be nice if the list was updated with the problems they have
Too bad they does not work because the price is right and it feels like quality
Another noob question…
Is the ConBee USB stick ment to work out of the box or do i have to install something else on the Raspberry beside the conbee addon?
You actually shouldn’t be using the conbee addon. It’s designed to connect to the deConz REST server (which in turn connects to the dongle). The regular zigbee adapter supports the conbee directly.
So the only reason to use the Conbee addon is if you’ve already got a deConz REST setup running that you don’t want to disturb.
So i should remove the addon and try to make it work?
Im trying to use the Conbee II dongle with official Raspberry os from WebThings. When i enable the Zigbee Adapter i get this error in the logs:
- 2019-05-16 10:31:27.016 INFO : Checking for add-on updates…*
- 2019-05-16 10:31:27.503 INFO : Finished updating add-ons*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:26.634 INFO : Loading add-on: zigbee-adapter*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:27.311 INFO : zigbee: Opening database: /home/pi/.mozilla-iot/config/db.sqlite3*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:27.352 INFO : zigbee: Loading add-on for zigbee-adapter from /home/pi/.mozilla-iot/addons/zigbee-adapter*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:27.932 INFO : zigbee: DEBUG config = ‘’*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.198 INFO : zigbee: Serial ports that were found:*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.375 INFO : zigbee: Serial Device found @ /dev/ttyAMA0*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.378 INFO : zigbee: Serial Device found @ /dev/ttyS0*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.380 INFO : zigbee: USB Serial Device 1cf1:0030 Vendor: dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH Serial: DE1964053 found @ /dev/ttyACM0*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.383 ERROR : zigbee: Failed to load zigbee-adapter - No Zigbee dongle found*
- 2019-05-16 10:32:28.796 INFO : Plugin: zigbee-adapter died, code = 100 NOT restarting…*
I see that the Dresden device is recognized but maybe not as a Zigbee dongle.
I also tried to update the firmware of the dongle but still no luck.
Anyone managed to get it working?
@dhylands I think we just need to allow this ID through for the serial prober.
Good to hear
I thought i was just for me the conbee II issue
How do i allow this to make it work?
I have tried to plug it into my windows 10 PC and i get accurate readings from my aqara sensors with the Phoscon sofware and the Conbee II.
Is that something i can do myself?
I’ve opened the same issue here Zigbee: Failed to load zigbee-adapter - No Zigbee dongle found
How I can allow Conbee II Id to the serial prober ?
The ConBee II should now be suppored by version 0.7.7 of the zigbee adapter.
Just released version 0.7.8 which should work better with the ConBee II. It now resets the watchdog timer which was causing the dongle to become disconnected about an hour after being plugged in.
hi @dhylands IMO putting a note on the ‘supported devices’ list is a great idea. I also bought some Xiaomi Zigbee sensors, which I wouldn’t have done had there been a warning.
They are available for amazing prices on aliexpress so I’d assume many n00bs like myself have or will fall into this trap, only to have them be flakey.
Thanks for the suggestion. I updated the supported hardware page.
@dhylands, might be helpful to add this dongle (ConBee II) to the adapters list as well. Links:
- https://www.amazon.com/dresden-elektronik-ConBee-Universal-Gateway/dp/B07PZ7ZHG5 (US purchase page, bought it there last week)
I confirm like many others, there is a connection lost problem with the Xiaomi Aqara WSDCGQ11LM (temperature/humidity). They work only for few hours and need to be resync manually.
also with 0.8.1 conbee II loeses connection to Ikea blubs and plugs.
With the phoscon Pi Image the connection is stable.