Cross-posting: Refreshing the Participation Buffet

Continuing the discussion from Refreshing the Participation Buffet:

Please read this blog post and let me know what you think – it lays out an important way forward for our work of the Participation Team in the next while.

"What we’ve also heard over the past few months is that lacking clarity on the best areas to have an impact is one of the main things limiting contribution. When I look at this objectively, I completely
understand. Mozilla is a huge and complex project, with multiple products, projects and activities, and we’re right now in a constant state of change as Mitchell recently articulated nicely. To exacerbate the situation, we haven’t been very good at clearly communicating where Mozilla is heading.

Our much needed efforts to reinvent participation at Mozilla has added yet more ambiguity to the mix. As a Participation Team, we’ve made some progress on bringing more clarity, and have laid out a broad strategy for 2016. But this isn’t enough. We need to do better.

We need to help Mozillians know where they can apply their skills, time and passions to have an impact on Mozilla’s mission."

https://georgeroter.org/2016/05/25/refreshing-the-participation-buffet/