Decode error

Hey,
can someone tell me what’s wrong here why i am not able to download the decoder
(deep-env) SAGAR@deepspeech-node4-vm:/opt/deepspeech/sagarv4/DeepSpeech$ pip3 install $(python3 util/taskcluster.py --decoder)

ds_ctcdecoder-0.4.1-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

(deep-env) SAGAR@deepspeech-node4-vm:/opt/deepspeech/sagarv4/DeepSpeech$
cat VERSION

Thanks
Sagar

Again, we cannot help you if you don’t give us more context on your system. pip install --verbose could help also.

1 Like

Hey i did pip install instead of pip3 install it worked.
and what content of the system you were asking.

Thank you for your reply.

context, like OS, CPU, etc …

ohh ok got it.

Hey i have a small Question .how many epochs did u train for version v0.4.1. what was the last epoch number?

This is documented on the release notes.

Hey can you point me towards the release notes that you were talking about.

Every time i run the model with different data sets the epochs number displayed are different. Even though i download the checkpoints of the Pre-trained model again.

About the system i’m using google cloud platform and Gpu for the training

That’s not helpful.

[ 8.674325] RAPL PMU: hw unit of domain pp1-gpu 2^-0 Joules GPU

13 gb ram

2000 max clock speed

Hey Everytime i start the training it starts with different epoch number.

I’m posting the text files the training part and the inferences for twodifferent datasets with 2 checkpoint folders.

Can i know why such behavior is everything correct or am i doing something wrong.traininontest2.zip (1.6 KB)

This zip file has 2 text files where you can see the epoch starting number.

My question is deep speech was already trained for certain epochs .so, if i start the training it was supposed to start from there. But why different epoch every time i start the training.

Every time i run the model with different data sets the epochs number displayed are different.

This is expected. If you’re retraining or fine tuning, just use negative epoch numbers: if you want to train for an additional 20 epochs, pass --epoch -20.

Sorry, but if you keep not replying to what is required so we can help you, it’s not going to be going anywhere. This is not documenting the operating system, nor the CPU and others critical components of your system.

1 Like

Hey sorry for that.I Thought you are asking for system config

OS is “Debian GNU/Linux 9.5 (stretch) (GNU/Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64 x86_64\n)”
Intel Haswell series cpu with one NVIDIA Tesla P100

Thanks
Sagar

@reuben
I’m using “epoch -3” and it still starts at different epoch numbers. You can see the command in the text file i used --epoch -3(negative 3).

Thanks
Sagar

Right, that’s expected, just ignore the absolute epoch numbers.

Hello,
@reuben @lissyx
I did the training with my data the overall data is only for 33 minutes.(train part)
The output that i got was not satisfactory.
I have a doubt here if i add up the data my data with the common-voice data and train the model completely from starting will it show better results.

Is it worthwhile to do this ? Please suggest

Assuming the train data that Deep speech used is common cv (correct me if i’m wrong)

Thanks
Sagar

So we definitively need that you share the output of pip install --verbose when it fails, because it is supposed to work on that system.

Hey this is the output.

pip install --verbose
Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-1lb9ze7_
Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-tracker-1vhdpi6n
Created requirements tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-1vhdpi6n’
Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-install-ce9ji0no
Cleaning up…
Removed build tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-1vhdpi6n’
ERROR: You must give at least one requirement to install (see “pip help install”)
Exception information:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/SAGAR/anaconda3/envs/deep-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py”, line 143, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/home/SAGAR/anaconda3/envs/deep-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py”, line 293, in run
self.name, wheel_cache
File “/home/SAGAR/anaconda3/envs/deep-env/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py”, line 252, in populate_requirement_set
‘(see “pip help %(name)s”)’ % opts)
pip._internal.exceptions.CommandError: You must give at least one requirement to install (see “pip help install”)
1 location(s) to search for versions of pip:

Thanks
Sagar

Thanks, but it’s incomplete and improperly formatted, so unusable. Please make sure you use code formatting for console output. You also don’t specify any python module to install … You should be doing the same as when you got the error ds_ctcdecoder-0.4.1-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.:

pip3 install --verbose $(python3 util/taskcluster.py --decoder)

@lissyx Thank you
decoder is installed.