Deploying an Add-on from a CI pipeline

Are there any plans to enable being able to deploy an add-on to Firefox from a CI pipeline? Our group is working to add CI & CD. Chrome uses OAuth 2 and after working through some not-so-clear documentation we finally got that to work. So naturally we turned to Firefox, only to find no documentation for deploying from a CI pipeline.

I posted in the Mozilla Discord and the reply I got was that there’s no way to automate the process if the extension is listed, but you can for a self-signed, unlisted extension.

Is adding an endpoint for OAuth 2 or even using the web-ext Node package on the list of something to do, and if so what is the projected time line for adding?

Yes, some folks are investigating this. There is some ongoing work that needs to happen on addons.mozilla.org first, however, before this can be supported.

You can follow some of the progress at this GitHub issue: https://github.com/mozilla/web-ext/issues/804

I can’t commit to a particular timeline but I’m hopeful we’ll have something in the next 6 months.

1 Like